Sunday, August 21, 2016

Promotion Ceremony

Last weekend I had my regular monthly drill up at Aviano.  As usual, I was in contact with the Wing Chaplain - Lt. Col. (Father) Robert Monagle.  In our conversations he was insistent that I have some kind of promotion ceremony at the Base.  "You need to do something," he said to me.  I agreed and asked only one thing - that it be kept simple.

So last Friday, August 12 at the chapel office in Aviano Air Base, we celebrated my promotion to Major.

At attention for the National Anthem

Ch, Lt Col Monagle speaks about what I've done in the Air Force

I listen to Fr. Bob talk about me - always awkward

"Publish the Order!"

I again make the oath of office

I speak words of gratitude to those who made this happen and who put it all together.

At attention for the "Air Force Song."

1 comment:

  1. I saw the article in the Witness about military priest Chaplains and scanned it for your name. Then I saw that they were going to do an article about MAJOR John Bateman, and I told Walter, "O my!Fr Bateman is now a MAJOR!" Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete